Reston, VA -
firstname.lastname@example.org - 703.963.3669 -
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY PROFESSIONAL
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly grasp and implement
new applications and technologies
- Exceptional writing skills, with experience producing
a variety of manuals, procedures and articles
- Team player with broad problem resolution,
multi-tasking, communications and organizational skills, and a
detail-oriented, customer-focused approach
- Held a Secret clearance for several years while
employed at Air Force contractor Lincoln Labs
Global Express Financial Services, Silver Spring, MD (January 2004 – April
- Windows Server installation, administration and
upgrade, including mission-critical high-availability servers handling tens
of thousands of real-time bill payments daily from over 2,500 retail
- Exchange Server installation, administration and
- SQL Server installation, administration and upgrade,
including development of complex SQL queries.
- Sophos/Astaro Security Gateway firewall
administration and upgrade, including management of multiple redundant fiber
- Automation of numerous business-critical data and
file transfer processes between banks, retailers and billers, using Linoma
GoAnywhere Director and command scripts.
- Software QA testing for proprietary transaction
server and retail terminal applications, requiring in-depth end-to-end
knowledge of all aspects of walk-in bill payment system.
- Technical writing, including user manuals and
- User support for in-house and field staff, and second
tier support for client Help Desk.
- Frequent one-time special projects.
Independent IT Consultant
Rothstein Investment Advisors, Fairfax, VA (August 1999 – January 2004)
The Pearson Group, Alexandria, VA (June 2000 – January 2004)
- Managed all aspects of IT infrastructure for several
small business clients, including Internet connectivity, firewall, servers,
tape backups, user workstations, proprietary software.
- Provided 24/7 on-call and scheduled maintenance and
user support, on site and via remote access.
Enterprise Security System Administrator
Metromedia Fiber Network, McLean, VA (January 2001 – December 2001)
- Administrator of a Lenel OnGuard 2000 Enterprise
installation, a national client/server system controlling physical access at
14 major Internet Data Centers. Comprised of 3 redundant Compaq DL380
clusters running Windows NT and SQL 7 databases; more than 30 digital video
servers, and over 60 Lenel monitoring Windows 2000 workstations around the
- Quickly gained in-depth technical knowledge of an
extremely complex client/server system. Developed new standards and
procedures and brought together individuals and departments across the
organization, leading to the completion of a national $6 million
- Developed extensive system documentation and Standard
- Performed daily maintenance of several large
production SQL databases, 6 NT domain controllers and 3 Lenel OnGuard 2000
Enterprise systems, running on Legato Co-StandbyServer clusters.
- Provided hardware/software user support to Security
Managers and staff around the country.
LAN Administrator/Technical Support Specialist
Grant Thornton, Vienna, VA (August 1998 - November 1999)
- Maintained Windows NT multi-domain, multi-server
network, including application, Exchange and RAS servers, DLT tape drives
and Cisco switches. Installed and configured additional servers as needed.
Also maintained Meridien telephone/voicemail systems.
- Provided hardware and software support to over 240
local and remote users, primarily on Dell laptops running Windows NT
Workstation, Office 97/2000 and various Windows applications. Dramatically
improved the quality of user support within 2 months of hire.
- Hired and supervised assistant to handle routine user
support, as office staff grew by 30%.
Advanced Solutions International, Alexandria, VA (March 1997 - August 1998)
- Managed all aspects of a TCP/IP-based Windows NT
network, including SQL, Exchange and RAS servers, T-1 WAN link, DLT tape
drives. Also maintained Onyx telephone/voicemail systems.
- Successfully upgraded network from a single clone
server to 5 specialized Dell servers; from generic hubs to Cisco managed
10/100 switches; and from a 56k leased line to a fractional T-1 frame relay.
- Provided hardware and software support to 25 local
and remote users, on Dell laptops and desktops running Windows 95/NT
Workstation, Office 97 and various Windows applications.
- Maintained public portions of corporate Web site,
using FrontPage and Cold Fusion.
- Managed busy training center, including setup of
workstations prior to each class using Ghost Multicasting, maintenance of
student workstations and instructor servers.
SoftWorks, Alexandria, VA (Oct. 1996 - March 1997)
- Produced and updated User Manuals and Installation
Guides, including requirement analyses, project scheduling, writing and
editing. Created Windows help files and Adobe PDF documents.
- Worked with the Development, QA and Technical Support
teams to ensure document accuracy, and to coordinate and schedule
- Technical Support Specialist
- APL2000 / Manugistics, Rockville, MD (Jan. 1993 -
- Provided advanced help desk support, via telephone,
e-mail and fax, to users of the APL programming language, running on DOS,
Windows 95/NT and UNIX platforms. Gained detailed knowledge of Windows API
programming and Visual Basic.
Roadshow International, Vienna, VA (Mar. 1991 - Nov. 1992)
- Managed the installation of route planning software
at client sites throughout the USA and overseas. Worked with client’s
management and staff to schedule and coordinate the implementation process.
- Conducted intensive on-site end-user training
- Provided follow-up hardware and software support to
users of all technical levels.
- Performed in-house QA testing, worked with developers
to analyze and resolve problems.
- Northeastern University, Boston, MA (1983 -
- Control Data Institute, Burlington, MA (1980
Graduate of the Computer Service Technology