- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY PROFESSIONAL -
ž Demonstrated ability to rapidly grasp and implement new applications and technologies
ž Exceptional writing skills, with experience producing a variety of manuals, procedures and articles
ž Team player with broad problem resolution, multi-tasking, communications and organizational skills, and a detail-oriented, customer-focused approach
ž Held a Secret clearance for several years
- CAREER EXPERIENCE -
Global Express Financial Services,
· Windows Server 2000, 2003 installation, administration and upgrade, including mission-critical high-availability servers handling tens of thousands of real-time bill payments each day from over 2,500 retail locations.
· Exchange Server 2003, 2005, 2007 installation, administration and upgrade.
· SQL Server 2000, 2007 installation, administration and upgrade, including development of many SQL queries.
· Astaro Security Gateway firewall, LAN/WAN connectivity.
· Automation of numerous business-critical file transfer processes including EDI files moving millions of dollars every day between banks, retailers and billers, using Linoma GoAnywhere Director and batch scripts.
· Software QA testing for proprietary transaction server and retail terminal applications, requiring in-depth knowledge of all aspects of walk-in bill payment system.
· Technical writing, including user manuals and internal documentation.
· User support for in-house and field staff, and second level support for Help Desk.
· Frequent one-time special projects.
Independent IT Consultant
Rothstein Investment Advisors,
· Ongoing administration of numerous TCP/IP-based Windows NT/2000 networks.
· Created reliable and secure environments by implementing server hardware & software upgrades, tape backups, logon scripts, DHCP, WINS, RAS, VPN, standardized hard drive images, PC upgrades & replacements and much more.
· Recently upgraded servers and all workstations from NT to Windows 2000 with Active Directory.
· Upgraded connectivity from individual dial-up modems to UUNet DSL service. Installed and configured firewalls, including NAT and port forwarding. Clients extremely satisfied with their new high-speed connectivity and security.
· Installed 802.11b WiFi networks and VPN connectivity at several managers’ homes.
· On-call and scheduled maintenance for network, servers and workstations.
· User support on numerous hardware platforms and software applications, both on-site and via pcAnywhere. Clients highly satisfied with level of support and response time.
Metromedia Fiber Network,
Administrator of a Lenel OnGuard 2000
· Lead to completion a national $6 million multi-departmental project. Quickly gained in-depth technical knowledge of an extremely complex client/server system, developed new standards and procedures, and brought together individuals and departments across the organization.
· Developed extensive system documentation and Standard Operating Procedures.
Performed daily maintenance of several large
production SQL databases, 6 NT domain controllers and 3 Lenel OnGuard 2000
· Provided hardware/software user support to Security Managers and staff around the country.
· Maintained TCP/IP-based Windows NT multi-domain, multi-server network, including application, Exchange and RAS servers, DLT tape drives and Cisco switches. Installed and configured additional servers as needed. Also maintained Meridien telephone/voicemail systems.
· Provided hardware and software support to over 240 local and remote users, primarily on Dell laptops running Windows NT Workstation, Office 97/2000 and various Windows applications. Dramatically improved the quality of user support within 2 months of hire.
· Hired and supervised assistant to handle routine user support, as office staff grew by 30%.
· Managed all aspects of a TCP/IP-based Windows NT network, including SQL, Exchange and RAS servers, T-1 WAN link, DLT tape drives. Also maintained Onyx telephone/voicemail systems.
· Successfully upgraded network from a single clone server to 5 specialized Dell servers; from generic hubs to Cisco managed 10/100 switches; and from a 56k leased line to a fractional T-1 frame relay.
· Provided hardware and software support to 25 local and remote users, on Dell laptops and desktops running Windows 95/NT Workstation, Office 97 and various Windows applications.
· Maintained public portions of corporate Web site, using FrontPage and Cold Fusion.
· Managed busy training center, including setup of workstations prior to each class using Ghost Multicasting, maintenance of student workstations and instructor servers.
· Produced and updated User Manuals and Installation Guides, including requirement analyses, project scheduling, writing and editing. Created Windows help files and Adobe PDF documents.
· Worked with the Development, QA and Technical Support teams to ensure document accuracy, and to coordinate and schedule documentation production.
Technical Support Specialist
· Provided advanced help desk support, via telephone, e-mail and fax, to users of the APL programming language, running on DOS, Windows 95/NT and UNIX platforms. Gained detailed knowledge of Windows API programming and Visual Basic.
Managed the installation of route planning
software at client sites throughout the
· Conducted intensive on-site end-user training sessions.
· Provided follow-up hardware and software support to users of all technical levels.
· Performed in-house QA testing, worked with developers to analyze and resolve problems.
- EDUCATION -
Control Data Institute,
Graduate of the Computer Service Technology curriculum.